Gstreamer-plugins splitting ports .. needs testing and feed back ?

Michael Johnson ahze at ahze.net
Mon Oct 4 18:43:43 PDT 2004

Hi,
	I've tried to get ahold of lioux@ for a while now trying to talk to
him about splitting multimedia/gstreamer-plugins in to separate ports
for each plugin but I have not yet received a reply. So I have started
splitting up gstreamer-plugins in to separate ports for each plugin
I've spent about 5hours on it so far and I have completed a separate
plugin for ever plugin we had before, 47 in all and all working. I have
a working
bsd.gstreamer.mk for use of WANT_GSTREAMER & USE_GSTREAMER=PLUGIN and
one working port using USE_GSTREAMER, which is audio/rhythmbox

I used NetBSD's pkgsrc a guide to see what they have done to split up
gstreamer-plugins, can be viewed here
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/multimedia/gst-plugins/
Makefile.common has all the goodies. Gentoo's Portage also does this
and it gave me a few ideas also.