utf8 xterm problems

Sven Esbjerg esbjerg at xbsd.net
Sun Nov 28 13:05:04 PST 2004

I am having some problems with xterm started from the gnome-panel allways
using utf8 as character set.
I have created a user defined launcher on the panel with the following
command:
/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -fa monospace -fs 10
and I have logged in via gdm using danish as the language.
When I start an xterm from the panel it allways uses utf8. I have tried
adding +lc to the command without luck. If I use +lc from an allready running
xterm that uses utf8 it will adhere to my shell LANG which is iso-8859-1.
I can also start an xterm with +lc from the run menu (Alt+F2) and get the
iso-8859-1 character set.

Is there a way to tell the gnome-panel to do the right thing?

Sven Esbjerg
--
http://www.usenet.dk/netikette - på forhånd tak.