Unmounting SMB shares on the desktop

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Nov 22 17:51:24 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 20:22 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 19:04 -0500, Tom McLaughlin wrote:
>

> > Now that I think of it, possibly these two different connect methods are
> > conflicting with one another and causing me to lose my SMB mounts?
>
> Maybe.  The way I tested this was to go to File->Connect to server in
> Nautilus, and plug in the values for two shares on the same server.
> Unmounting one of the shares did _not_ cause the other share to become
> inaccessible.
>
> Joe

I might toy around with this some more.  So far by mounting via the
network:/// path things are doing fine.  By chance, do your samba shares
require authentication like mine?  I need to login with a user and pass
plus a domain of STRAYCAT (WORKGROUP is the default Gnome uses).  I'm
wondering if this is a problem with Gnome not retaining the proper
authentication parameters.  When I go through the network:/// location
it automatically pops up an authentication dialogue if keys don't exist
in the key-ring.  Connecting from File -> Connect to Server does not pop
up a dialogue and doesn't appear to use my keys.  Thanks Joe.

Tom

--

BSD# Project - Porting Mono to FreeBSD
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?bsd-sharp