About firefox new layout

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Wed Nov 17 10:20:12 PST 2004

El Miércoles, 17 de Noviembre de 2004 17:45, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
> |> - install a brand new ${FILESDIR}/firefox.sh as
> |> ${PREFIX}/bin/firefox
> |
> | So basically the only thing you want is when you open 2 sessions of
> | firefox the
> | 2nd session doesn't open but opens a new tab?
>
> And we already have the firefox-remote port for that.  Plus, the
> Firefox script should open a new window in the same instance of
> Firefox if you try to invoke two instances.
>
> Joe

No.

This is controlled by Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Tabbed browsing >
Open links from other applications in

Or, in prefs.js
open.link.open_external

// 1 (default) In The most recent tab/window
// 2  In a new window
// 3  In a new tab in the most recent window

For make firefox feel the same that mozilla (new-tab), we may add to
${PREFIX}/lib/firefox/default/pref/firefox.js

// open url from external source
// 1 - same tab/window, 2 - new window, 3- new-tab
pref("open.link.open_external", 3);

--
  josemi