About firefox new layout

Michael Johnson ahze at ahze.net
Wed Nov 17 01:52:20 PST 2004

---- snip ----
>> | 2) I don't like tweak browser_app_mozilla.in.
>> |
>> | It's a really obtuse script.
>> |
>> | Now that we go more on the line of www/mozilla, we can install
>> | firefox[-config] under ${PREFIX}/lib/firefox/ and use a wrapper in
>> | the way of www/mozilla/files/mozilla.sh.
>>
>> I guess.
>>
>> | This must be not only easier, but also safer.

how is this easier and safer?

>> | 3) problems with OpenURL()
>> |
>> | Now, we use a simple REMOTE OpenURL(${url}) that overwrite the
>> | displaying page.  We use a REMOTE OpenURL(${url},new-tab) in
>> | mozilla. we'll use some kinda of MOZILLA_OpenURL_LOC env in
>> | firefox/mozilla with the same feel.
>>
>> Is there a question in here?
>
> my version of /usr/X11/bin/firefox right now is attached.  But I'm not
> sure 100%. seems that firefox have config to alter the behavior of
> OpenURL(<url>).
>
> In any way I'll prefer:
> - drop ${FILESDIR}/patch-browser_app_mozilla.in (patch is not needed)

you submitted the patch =P

> - install firefox[-config] under ${PREFIX}/lib/firefox

Why install firefox[-config] in PREFIX/lib/firefox?
I don't see any reason to do this. It's not like we have
www/firefox-devel or anything
that would conflict.

> - install a brand new ${FILESDIR}/firefox.sh as ${PREFIX}/bin/firefox

So basically the only thing you want is when you open 2 sessions of
firefox the
2nd session doesn't open but opens a new tab?

Michael