About firefox new layout

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Tue Nov 16 17:34:02 PST 2004

Hi,
I'm working on firefox again, and reach some questions to solve.

1) I don't know if this is the correct list.

May I use mozilla@ for firefox/mozilla/thunderbird?

2) I don't like tweak browser_app_mozilla.in.

It's a really obtuse script.

Now that we go more on the line of www/mozilla, we can install
firefox[-config] under ${PREFIX}/lib/firefox/ and use a wrapper in the
way of www/mozilla/files/mozilla.sh.

This must be not only easier, but also safer.

3) problems with OpenURL()

Now, we use a simple REMOTE OpenURL(${url}) that overwrite the
displaying page.  We use a REMOTE OpenURL(${url},new-tab) in mozilla.
we'll use some kinda of MOZILLA_OpenURL_LOC env in firefox/mozilla with
the same feel.

4) problems with network handlers.

Right now, seems that firefox/thunderbird doesn't use libgnome prefs for
mailto: and so.

Also, there aren't external handlers defined,  so we can't open mailto:
in firefox or http: in thunderbird.

--
  josemi