Problem upgrading to 5.3R and Gnome 2.8.

John McAree john at mcaree.org
Tue Nov 16 10:27:04 PST 2004

Scott I. Remick wrote:
> --- George Hartzell <hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com> wrote:
>>The last thing in the scripts log file is
>>
>> ===> Building Chrome's registry...
>

> For what it's worth... I'm in the same boat as you. Just upgraded to 5.3R,
> and am trying the Gnome 2.8 upgrade today... and am stuck at the same spot.
> I updated my ports this morning right before I began.

I had the same issue when upgrading Thunderbird a week or two ago. I was
already running Gnome 2.8, and I think I had just upgraded to 5.3, but I
was doing a portupgrade -a overnight, when I woke up Thunderbird had
been sitting at the same message for a while. I Ctrl-C'd it and it
reverted back to my previous version, and later I upgraded it OK.

John.