MIME-Types handlers for gnome

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at sw.ru
Wed Nov 10 23:34:28 PST 2004

В ср, 10/11/2004 в 16:48 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke пишет:

> > Yes, it works somehow, but not in best way, no program title definition,
> > no icon for mime-type
> >
> > Also binary name in "Open with ..."  menu not best idea, IMHO
> >
> > like "Open in smath", when other (auth-installed applications has good
> > descriptions)
> >
> > I guess it is possible to edit mime/type manually,
> > can you provide some hints ?
>
> Don't do it.  You can muck around ~/.local/share/*, but most of those
> files are dynamically generated, so I wouldn't expect consistent
> results.

Ok, but it is works, only question still open is how to add
mime/type <-> icon association for nautilus, it does not have number of
icons for different types of files by default (for example both AbiWord
and OpenOffice can open M$Word .doc files but both do not install icon
for that file-type)

> > It is not possible from evolution :(
> > so I should save file first and then open properties with nautilus.
>
> I guess.  So far Evolution 2.0 has been pretty good with opening
> attachments for me.

Yes, opening is good for me to, but you can't configure custom "open-
with" form evolution.

Only issue with evolution is nasty printing, it works but when I go
through print dialogue it holds entire evolution for 10s of seconds, I
think it is problem of Gnome<->CUPs integration.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
SWsoft Inc. vova at sw-soft.com