No URL underlining in gnome-terminal with a fresh install of 2.8?

Peter peter+freebsdgnome at gee.kz
Tue Nov 9 21:05:57 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:00:28PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> The URL processing has changed.  Only URLs enclosed in <> are
> highlighted, but this is till buggy.  You can always search GNOME's
> Bugzilla and file a new bug if you'd like.

Ah, this makes some sense. I did some poking around in the code, and then proxied a question to mariano, who committed the change. This is the response:

"the \\< is to get a word boundary..."

That said, I'm not enough of a C programmer to deal with that, but if someone else wants a shot at it, go ahead. My workaround was to just remove all instances of "\\<" and "\\>" in terminal-screen.c and recompile. I can send a patch along if other folks want it.

Thanks to everyone working on FreeBSD GNOME, I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Peter