new look?

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Nov 9 13:50:15 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 12:17 -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> >> uh, on the screen, 2.8 looks just the same to me as 2.6 did.
> >> should i be blowing away some part of my desktop config?
> > Sounds like gnomesession wasn't properly upgraded.
>
> well, i don't know about properly, but it was upgraded.
>
>     # l -ld /var/db/pkg/gnomesession-2.8.1/
>     drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Nov  9 03:28 /var/db/pkg/gnomesession-2.8.1
>
> and the gnome_upgrade.sh script said everything was happy.  i even
> reran the whole thing overnight.
>
> so how do i check on proper?  i am running
>
>     portupgrade -fr gnomesession-2.8.1
>
> just for giggles.  and i backed off to CUPTYPE?=i686 before last
> night's rebuild, to end that confusion.
>
> any other suggestions?

I read your initial email wrong.  I thought you said the splashscreen
was no different.  GNOME itself has not changed much graphically between
2.6 and 2.8.  Some of the icons are new, the add applet interface is
new, and the MIME system is new.  The default theme has also changed to
Glider, but you would only see that on a new account.

Joe