new look?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Nov 9 12:17:57 PST 2004

>> uh, on the screen, 2.8 looks just the same to me as 2.6 did.
>> should i be blowing away some part of my desktop config?
> Sounds like gnomesession wasn't properly upgraded.

well, i don't know about properly, but it was upgraded.

    # l -ld /var/db/pkg/gnomesession-2.8.1/
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Nov  9 03:28 /var/db/pkg/gnomesession-2.8.1

and the gnome_upgrade.sh script said everything was happy.  i even
reran the whole thing overnight.

so how do i check on proper?  i am running

    portupgrade -fr gnomesession-2.8.1

just for giggles.  and i backed off to CUPTYPE?=i686 before last
night's rebuild, to end that confusion.

any other suggestions?

randy