[green@FreeBSD.org: Re: cvs commit: ports/net/dctc Makefile]

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun May 30 00:59:43 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 03:39, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 03:32:01AM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 03:16, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > Any ideas why glib12 is trying to configure for LINUXTHREADS?  This is
> > > killing the dctc build.
> >
> > It's not.  This is the first I've ever seen glib12 with LINUXTHREADS in
> > its CFLAGS.  I imagine there is something strange in green's
> > environment.  I'm especially doubtful this is a glib12 problem since
> > glib12 hasn't been changed in a while.  The last change was from ade,
> > and he only switched USE_LIBTOOL to USE_LIBTOOL_VER.
>
> The dctc port has been consistently failing on bento for months.
> It's getting -DLINUXTHREADS from somewhere.

You're right.  There is a strange check in glib's configure that added
-DLINUXTHREADS on FreeBSD if the threading library wasn't libc_r (since
-pthread is really libc_r, 4.X never saw this problem).  For an even
stranger reason, my -CURRENT box didn't have this in gthread's CFLAGS
until after I did a new forced upgrade.

In any event, it's fixed now.

Joe