multimedia keys don't work anymore

Thomas Vogt thomas at bsdunix.ch
Thu May 27 00:04:52 PDT 2004

Am Mi, den 26.05.2004 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke um 20:10:
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 09:28, Thomas Vogt wrote:

> > > Which specific bindings fail?  There were some changes to the keybinding
> > > code in gnomecontrolcenter2 2.6.1, so you may have to rebind your keys.
> >
> > It's the volume up and volume down key. It can be accessed by Dells
> > "function_key+page up or page dn". But they also have own keys for that.
> > There is a volume up/dn key and play,stop, next song, previous song.
> > Play, Stop, next, previous are working correctly.. Gnome keybinding
> > shows me that volume up key is 0xae and volume down 0xb0. But they don't
> > work. The programm xev shows me that volume up is keycode 176 and volume
> > down 174.
>
> I can confirm there appears to be an issue on my 5150 as well.  I'll
> take a look at it, but you may get a faster answer by filing a bug in
> GNOME's Bugzilla.

I've tried to set the keys with gconf-edit. The keys where set correctly
but they didn't work.

I've deleted all my .gnome* and . related files to gnome in my homedir.
After a reboot I had to set all my keybindings again. (and all other
settings too). After that my multimedia keys worked perfectly. I guess
it's a conf problem. But I didn't find the correct conf file.

thomas