gconf-editor "bools" values

bgruber lists at bgruber.isa-geek.com
Wed May 26 21:56:49 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've been having a problem with gconf-editor.  I find that sometimes,
when I click on the value of a key, the value suddenly becomes "true" (a
check mark), regardless of what the type of the key is!  Weirder still,
it won't let me change the type of the key; I have to unset it, and then
go from there.  Note that this only happens when selecting a line in the
right pane by clicking in the "Value" column, and clicking in the Name
column causes no problem.  It's also inconsistent; some values seem to
change every time, others never.  I have come to the conclusion however
that it has to be the first thing clicked on in the right pane after
starting gconf-editor; if I hit something else which doesn't change
first, or select something by clicking in the Name column, I don't have
any problem at all.

Can anyone else confirm this?  I have a hunch this will be one for
bugzilla, but I figured I'd ask here first.

thanks,
brian