Unsucessful Fetch

Bob Perry rperry4 at earthlink.net
Sat May 22 14:06:12 PDT 2004

On (05/22/04 13:01), Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> From: "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm at inbox.lv>
> To: freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
> Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:01:06 -0700
> Subject: Re: Unsucessful Fetch
>
> On Saturday 22 May 2004 12:52 pm, Bob Perry wrote:
> > Hello,
> > CVSup'd my system this morning and portupgraded most files
> > via portupgrade-arR.  Unable, however, to fetch
> > xscreensaver-gnome-4.16 from the major site (truncated
> > consistently) and the FreeBSD ftp did not have it yet.
> >
> > Freshports, nor any other area that I checked could
> > provide an alternate site for downloading the file though
> > I'm sure they must exist.  Can someone point me in the
> > right direction?
> >
> > BTW, the exact same problem ocurred last March and the
> > upgrade didn't run sucessfully until I used another site
> > recommeded by a list member.
> >

> > Thanks.
> > Bob Perry
>
> I had exactly this same problem a few days ago fetching
> xscreensaver-gnome-4.16. I just kept refetching 10-20 times
> until I eventually had the entire file.
>
> -Mike

That appears to be one solution, however..., I'm still
trying to find my way with FreeBSD and Gnome and issues
like this tend to make me lose focus on areas that are
more important.  Think I'll just deinstall until I feel
more comfortable with the system and return at a later
time.

Thanks much for taking the time to respond.

Bob Perry
--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0