nautilus crashes when remote systems are mounted

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat May 15 19:39:57 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 18:48, Tom McLaughlin wrote:
> > This really points to something specific with your installation.  The
> > line where things start to go bad is a g_assert() call that should
> > really be a no-op.  Let's see your make.conf and environment variables.
> >
> > Joe
> >

> Okay, it's attached.

I have no idea what's causing this.  I can't reproduce it, and it isn't
clear from the crash why this is happening.  Based on the code, the only
think I can think of is that you rebuilt your compiler at one time with
extra optimizations, or you're not using the system compiler.

You may want to rebuild everything with standard -O optimizations
(first, rm -rf /usr/obj/*), and see if that helps.  But since I'm not
exactly sure what's causing this, I can't be sure that will fix it.

You may also try this under a fresh, clean account, and see if perhaps
something in your environment is triggering this.