ports/66439: portupgrade -R pilot-link-0.11.8_2 fails with latest cvsup

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon May 10 17:31:56 PDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:12:24 +0100, Stacey Roberts
<stacey at vickiandstacey.com> wrote:

> Hello Adam,
>       Don't get me wrong here Adam.., I'm *not* looking to get into an
> argument here on this..,

I am not sure if you understand. /nonexistent is supposed to be meant 'not
exist', get it? It won't hurt your /etc/passwd that has the /nonexistent,
they will understand that it is not exist. If I don't explain that well,
so others w/ skilled English grammar might/will explain more.

> I'm not having a dig at you or anyone else here, but if this is your way
> of telling me to go away with my problems, then fair enough. I'd even
> withdraw the PR (if possible) if that would make you feel any better..,
>

> Regards,
>
> Stacey
>
>> The behaviour of the ports is exactly as it should be. It's kindof
>> ridiculous to create a directory named /nonexistent, when the name
>> clearly implies that it shouldn't exist.
>>

>> # Adam
>>

>> --
>> Adam Weinberger
>> adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org