Lots of core files with latest xscreensaver-gnome

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 8 08:25:01 PDT 2004

Stacey Roberts wrote:

>Hello,
>     Thanks for getting back to me on this.

It's simple. Install xscreensaver port with built with debug options.
Command bellow shoud work in most of the cases (note there is a space
after STRIP=)
#make CFLAGS="-g -O0" STRIP= install
Then run new xscreensaver binary (restart daemon from xscreensaver-demo
or relogin). After you get .core file use gdb to get backtrace:
$gdb xscreensaver.core
(gdb)bt full
<some_gdb_output_we_looking_for/>
(gdb)q

All the best,
Alexander.

>Let me know and I'll send the information straight away.

ps. don't froget to report os version and presence of nvidia drivers (or
better to say libGL) as well.