gnomemeeting amd portupgrade (was: Lots of core files with latest xscreensaver-gnome)

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue May 4 23:03:17 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 01:26, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hi Kevin,

Gnomemeeting is being rebuilt because of the -a and -f.  I think Kevin's
post missed that you are doing a forced portupgrade on all ports and not
just the gnome2 port.  As for the effects on your system, should be
nothing.  Gnomemeeting will be skipped and no ports should fail since
noting should be dependent on it.  I had gnomemeeting installed on my
old box and the port was just routinely skipped during each portupgrade
and I had no ill side effects.

> I'm also curious as to why Gnomemeeting *was* a part of this, given the suggestion
> (above) that it shouldn't.

Gnomemeeting was part of the gnome2 meta-port until the problems with
pwlib were reported.  Gnomemeeting requires pwlib to build and when
pwlib was marked as forbidden gnomemeeting could no longer build.
Gnomemeeting was removed from the gnome2 meta-port because it's failure
to build would cause a failure with gnome2.

Tom