broken [/usr/ports/devel/py-orbit2] port

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue May 4 00:56:17 PDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 17:13:41 +0930, Wilkinson, Alex
<alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:

> 	On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:28:24AM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
> 	Nope, it's not broke but the problem is only on your side. You need to
> 	update and rebuild all of your GTK/GNOME apps first. If you are
> upgrading
> 	from GNOME 2.4 to 2.6, then it's a must to check FAQ over at
> 	www.freebsd.org/gnome/ ..
>
> I don't actually use gnome.

Doesn't matter if you don't use or not, but it shows that your apps aren't
up to date or need to be rebuild. gdesklets will install the full GNOME
desktop. It complains about libgobject-2.0.so.200, because you recently
upgrade from glib 2.2 to 2.4 so it require you to rebuild all apps that
depend on it. You can use GNOME upgrade script to do the task.

> I'm trying to build /usr/ports/deskutils/gdesklets,
> gdesklets depends on py-orbit2.
>
> I've just done a:
>
> #pkg_delete /var/db/pkg/gn*
>
> I'm rebuilding now.
>
> You don't happen to use /usr/ports/deskutils/gdesklets do you ?

Funny question. :-) I created/ported gdesklets and keep maintainership for
few versions and have finally give up to Franz Klammer. Althought, I still
maintain three other gdesklets-* applets. However, yes it works perfect
here.

BTW: Please don't drop gnome at freebsd.org off the CC.

>  - aW

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.