gconfd-2

Scott T. Hildreth shildret at scotth.emsphone.com
Mon May 3 06:36:46 PDT 2004

Joe,
      Thanks! That was it TMP was set to '.'!  I switched my default
shell to zsh (I was using tcsh) and I copied the zshenv & zshrc from one
of the servers and that env variable was set.  I should have known, but
of course this happened when I did some upgrades so I didn't think of
the shell env being the problem.  I ran strace, saw that gconfd-2 was
trying to make the orbit dir "./orbit-blah", I just couldn't figure out
where it was trying to create it.   Once again thank you very much, that
was driving me nuts!

                                 STH