GDM sessions

Eric Gebhart saseag at unx.sas.com
Wed Mar 31 21:25:38 PST 2004

I thought I'd try GDM, But I hate sawfish.  I tried making a new
session the way you outline.  It doesn't work.

I'm running Gnome 2.4 on FreeBSD 4.9.  This is a fresh install
with a cvsup done yesterday - before I built everything.

I also tried the old way, putting the exec one liner in the
other place.  I've pretty much given up.  It shouldn't take
hours to change the default window manager.

I wouldn't mind using gnome if it weren't so painful.  It's
beginning to rival windows.

Any clues you have might get me to appreciate it more.

I'm back to using my xinitrc, It's not as pretty but it's simple
and it works.

I can't run a gnome session because it stomps
on my window manager.  .gnome/default.wm used to work for this.
but apparently not anymore.

Gnome used to be friendly with other window managers.  I wish
that were still the case.

If you can provide any help I would be appreciative.

Thanks,

Eric