SSI pages no longer display in Galeon, Epiphany, or Mozilla

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Mar 31 14:50:06 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 16:07, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
> > Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:46:58 -0500
> >

> > --=-pV3cvBsqfeGWqwQ+ern1
> >
> > On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:41, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > > This may be a case for Bugzilla and not gnome, but all of my browsers
> > > are no longer able to display shtml type pages. I'm really sure that
> > > this used to work, but I get a message that the file type is unknown and
> > > that there is no way to display it.
> > >=20
> > > Any ideas? I'm running current of last week and the browsers are
> > > current as of this morning.
> >
> > Please give us an example site.  I have not noticed such behavior in any
> > of my browsers.
>
> http://www.policyworks.gov/ Click on the "Per Diem Rates" (second
> column, third item under "Programs".
> http://www.policyworks.gov/org/main/mt/homepage/mtt/perdiem/travel.shtml
>
> this is the GSA page of CONUS Per Diem rates. (Now that you mention it,
> maybe I should try loading it with a Windows browser. Maybe they messed
> up the contents to the point that Gekko no longer knows what it is.)

This looks like a problem with all Mozilla-based browsers.  I reproduced
it on FreeBSD with Galeon and Firefox, Solaris with Firefox, and Windows
with Netscape 7.1.  I would file this with Mozilla's Bugzilla.  As an
interesting note, this page is a redirect, so I wonder if the server is
doing something hokey.