GDM Weirdness

Jason Dusek jdusek at cs.uiowa.edu
Thu Mar 25 23:16:00 PST 2004

I have found the solution!  Alot of gnome config files where lying
around in /var/tmp for the users who couldn't login correctly - I had
rmed them and added them so many times that there were many orbit and
.gconf type files available for them.  For some reason, rmuser felt that
these were not 'normal' files.  When I wacked the users again, and then
cleaned out every reference to them in /var/tmp, I was able to add them
and login without trouble.

~*\\~*~\\*~Cheers