How can I debug the gnome-netstatus-applet (2.6.0)?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Mar 24 09:51:03 PST 2004

Hello,

Current, I am trying to test almost all apps that came with x11/gnome2
(2.6.0) by default. The gnome-netstatus-applet doesn't work, so I went to
the propteries and changed it to dc0 then it will crash. I tried to get it
run under gdb, but it will freeze the X even thought if it was in the
Fluxbox.

Here's what I did:
% gdb /usr/X11R6/libexec/gnome-netstatus-applet <pid>

% cont
<output crashed/errors>
<X freeze, had to kill it by atl+ctrl+backspace>

Umm... Maybe, I can try to use another machine and debug it throught SSH
to this machine when X freeze.

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.