gnome apps cannot find libraries

Peter Ulrich Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Tue Mar 23 00:57:25 PST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Adam Weinberger wrote:

> >> (03.23.2004 @ 0210 PST): Peter Ulrich Kruppa said, in 1.0K: <<
> > On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > >
> > > When, the libraries version bump and above don't really work that well.
> > > You need to force all apps that depend on libraries to be rebuild.
> > > Current, I am running 'portupgrade -rf pkgconfig\*'
> > I guess "-(a)rrrf" describes the noise a user produces when he
> > learns that he has to rebuild half his system for the umpteenth
> > time this month? :-)
> >
> > Cheers (as you always say)
> >
> > Uli.
> >> end of "Re: gnome apps cannot find libraries" from Peter Ulrich Kruppa <<
>
> If you don't like it, don't use the development libraries.
Oops ... sorry, I had hoped my last comment was clearly marked as
ironic.

> But if you use the development versions, you should at least read the
> FAQs we have put up. Part of testing beta-quality stuff is reading at
> least some of the superficial documentation.
I know and I try to keep up to date, but if you remember the
gettext, ruby/portupgrade, expat2 and freetype upgrades, you will
have to admit that things became a little bit weird during the
last weeks. And of course the gnome team was/is busy too and
procuced heavy committs all the time.

Regards,

Uli.