Yelp

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Mar 22 23:35:06 PST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 02:27:51 -0600, Jason Dusek <jdusek at cs.uiowa.edu>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I run
>
> # portupgrade -rf libxslt
>

> I get alot more stuff being rebuilt then when I just:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/textproc/libxslt/
> # make deinstall
> # make reinstall
>
> Why is a portupgrade different from a reinstall?

You should read in the portupgrade(1), the above is same as -f option. The
-r is the reason to get all apps that depend on libxslt to be rebuild.
Yelp can't find libxslt.so.1, because the libxslt has bumped the version
so Yelp needs to be rebuild to learn the bumped version of libxslt.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.