gnome apps cannot find libraries

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 22 23:22:54 PST 2004

>> (03.23.2004 @ 0210 PST): Peter Ulrich Kruppa said, in 1.0K: <<
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >
> > When, the libraries version bump and above don't really work that well.
> > You need to force all apps that depend on libraries to be rebuild.
> > Current, I am running 'portupgrade -rf pkgconfig\*'
> I guess "-(a)rrrf" describes the noise a user produces when he
> learns that he has to rebuild half his system for the umpteenth
> time this month? :-)
>
> Cheers (as you always say)
>
> Uli.
>> end of "Re: gnome apps cannot find libraries" from Peter Ulrich Kruppa <<

If you don't like it, don't use the development libraries.

But if you use the development versions, you should at least read the
FAQs we have put up. Part of testing beta-quality stuff is reading at
least some of the superficial documentation.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at gnome.org  \\oo//  adamw at FreeBSD.org