HEADS UP: GNOME 2.6 TODO list

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 13 15:32:06 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 05:05, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> > It's that time again.  We're closing in on the next major GNOME
> > release.  There's going to be some really bitchin new changes in this
> > release including the super-sexy (well better) GTK+ file chooser,
> > spacial Nautilus, better icons and MIME support, faster Yelp, better
> > volume handling
>
> It is joke, I know, now volume handling much better - does not work et all
> under gnome tools.

I have not been able to reproduce this, and no one else has reported
it.  The mixer gets the soundcard info from GStreamer now by calling
gstreamer_init().  GStreamer will look into its own configuration to
find what sound device it needs to control.  You might try creating a
new, clean account, and see if your soundcard is detected there.

> > for FreeBSD, some new desktop modules, and other cool stuff.
>
> A lot of cool stuff,  evolution crashes when I try to create message
> (both reply or new message)

This should be fixed as long as you have nss-3.9 and Evo 1.5.5_1.

Joe