nautilus 2.5 create documents bug

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 11:59:51 PST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:32:04 -0500, Brian Gruber
<lists at bgruber.isa-geek.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I just recently upgraded my gnome to 2.6-beta1 (from 2.4.2).  I noticed
> that if, in nautilus, I tell it to create a blank file (File->Create
> File->Empty Document), the new file's group is set to wheel, instead of
> the user's default group.  Creating a new file out of a template is
> irrelevant, as that just copies to permissions settings of the template
> file.  I'm not sure if this is a FreeBSD bug or a gnome bug.  Anyone
> else?

How do I get more stuff in the list, so I can test to empty it?

> I'm also having difficulty re-building a few applications (the build
> stops with a compiler error).  In some cases I am unsure if the problem
> is connected to gnome 2.6 or if it's just the port's problem.  Has
> anyone been able to rebuild...
>
> gtk-send-pr,
> gnome-cups-manager,
> apotheke,
> velocity?

I am not going to be surpised, because those apps need to update to match
new GTK and GNOME API/ABI. If you need those apps real bad, go back to
GNOME 2.4.x and wait.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.