Galeon2 crashing on startup

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Mar 10 15:05:38 PST 2004

> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
> Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:47:30 -0500
>

> --=-30v2MJa6UQ4UeIjMHgwQ
>
> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 17:39, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Just the "standard" stuff suggested by the linuxpluginwrapper, flash6 and
> > Acrobat.
>
> > I tried backing both of these out (by renaming /etc/libmap.conf), but it
> > made no difference.
>
> > I still have the feeling I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see
> > what it is. And Mozilla runs fine.
>
> Check your /usr/X11R6/bin/galeon script, and look to see if your still
> doing an LD_PRELOAD for the old Flash plug-in wrapper.

Only the standard one that only sets the variable if the library is
found. I even deleted this, just to be sure.

Here is what is in my browser_plugins directory:
flashplayer.xpt         libjavaplugin_oji.so
libflashplayer.so       nppdf.so
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)