nautilus 2.5 create documents bug

Brian Gruber lists at bgruber.isa-geek.com
Wed Mar 10 11:31:14 PST 2004

Hi.

I just recently upgraded my gnome to 2.6-beta1 (from 2.4.2).  I noticed
that if, in nautilus, I tell it to create a blank file (File->Create
File->Empty Document), the new file's group is set to wheel, instead of
the user's default group.  Creating a new file out of a template is
irrelevant, as that just copies to permissions settings of the template
file.  I'm not sure if this is a FreeBSD bug or a gnome bug.  Anyone
else?

I'm also having difficulty re-building a few applications (the build
stops with a compiler error).  In some cases I am unsure if the problem
is connected to gnome 2.6 or if it's just the port's problem.  Has
anyone been able to rebuild...

gtk-send-pr,
gnome-cups-manager,
apotheke,