Unable to Upgrade Xscreensaver-gnome 4.15

Bob Perry rperry4 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 00:16:08 PST 2004

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:21:16 -0500, Bob Perry <rperry4 at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>>> Works fine here:
>>> ==================================
>>> # make extract
>>> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled

>>> xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz                      100% of 3950 kB  343
>>> kBps 00m00s
>>> ===>  Extracting for xscreensaver-gnome-4.15

>>> ==================================
>>>
>>> Perhaps, you can try 'make distclean' then try it again? Try to
>>> update your ports tree first, before you give it another try.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mezz
>>>
>> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled
>> ===>  Found saved configuration for xscreensaver-gnome-4.14_1
>>  >> xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in
>> /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>>  >> Attempting to fetch from http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/.
>> Receiving xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz (4045811 bytes): 12% (ETA 20:41)
>> 519728 bytes transferred in 182.3 seconds (2.78 kBps)
>> fetch: xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz appears to be truncated:
>> 519728/4045811 bytes
>>  >> Attempting to fetch from
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
>> fetch:
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz:
>> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>>  >> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>>  >> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
>> *** Error code 1
>>  Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xscreensaver-gnome.
>>
>> Updated ports twice today and ran distclean.  Still no change.
>

> Can you try different mirror?
> http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/unix/src/misc/xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz
>
> To me, looks like it's something wrong with your internet vs www.jwz.org?

Bingo!  Edited the Makefile with the new mirror site and ran make.  It
picked up at 13% and ran without a problem.
Didn't realize there were other mirror sites available.

Running deinstall/reinstall now.  Correction.  All done.

Thanks so much.

Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0