HEADS UP: GNOME package server open for business

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 2 14:46:17 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 17:28, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 05:03:14PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > >
> > > Any chance to have this on pluto1 for ia64 packages? I typically
> > > build GNOME from scratch there after some major update (either core
> > > OS or GNOME itself).
> >
> > Sure.  The code is heavily based on bento, but uses a flexible datastore
> > backend (currently MySQL).  It supports ad hoc builds as well.  Pav and
> > I are fleshing out the reporting side of things, so the database schema
> > is likely to change soon.
>
> Cool. If you're ready for new architectures, let me know.
> See also below.

> > > We may want to do this on pluto1 as well...
> >
> > Not a bad idea.  Does MySQL work on ia64?
>
> Dunno. It appears mysql-server does not build, but the client does.
> I'll take a look at that. Unfortunately, there're no errorlogs on
> bento...
>
> Do you need the server or is a client sufficient?

We can always host the server on another machine.  In that case, just
the client is needed.  I'm doing a distributed thing now with the TB on
one machine, the database server on another, and the report frontend on
yet another.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org
gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome