HEADS UP: New gconf key policy

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Jun 23 18:20:47 PDT 2004

Please take a look at the latest update to archivers/fileroller, and let
me know what you think.  This is the new gconf policy I think we need to
adopt if we're to survive the upcoming gconf changes in GNOME 2.8 (it's
similar to the way we handle OMF files now).  This will also make gconf
handling much more robust with respect to plists.

The one downside I see with this is that we will miss Makefile bugs that
prevent proper schema installation.  One way around that is to add a
pkg-install script to each port that installs gconf schemas, and do
gconf registration there.  This may be more work than it's worth,
though.

What are people's thoughts on this?  Thanks.