xorg/XFree86 and gnome

Mayo mayo at mayo.sk
Thu Jun 17 11:48:48 PDT 2004

I know you are talking about 2.7, but some people contemplating to
switch from xfree to xorg may find this useful.

I have gnome 2.6 working perfectly fine with Xorg for almost a month
now. Everything runs smoothly, I just have to run pkgdb -F each time
after cvsup (that is until the xorg vs. xfree issue in ports is solved)
to fix few dependencies. There was even noticeable increase in
responsiveness of the interface and the box itself.

mayo