ports/67970: ports textproc/libxml, textproc/libxslt: bogus dependencies on devel/pkgconfig

Pav Lucistnik pav at oook.cz
Wed Jun 16 05:31:10 PDT 2004

V st, 16. 06. 2004 v 13:10, Oliver Eikemeier píše:

>  Similarly security/clamav-devel now run-depends on pkgconfig, although
>  I'm not aware of a single application using pkgconfig to link with
>  libclamav (www/mod_clamav links with libclamav, but does so without
>  using pkfconfig, and works fine without it being present at run time).

Because clamav developers added .pc file to 20040606 snapshot of
development branch, so I guess there isn't yet much applications which
use .pc file for linking clamav libraries.

Similarly with openssl, we artificially ignore his .pc file, because we
have it included in base and are using CFLAGS/LDFLAGS hackery hidden
behind USE_OPENSSL macro.

Both were pretty bad examples, man.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
Co vime o lasce? Laska je jako hruska. Hruska je sladka a ma urcity