ports/67970: ports textproc/libxml, textproc/libxslt: bogus dependencies on devel/pkgconfig

Oliver Eikemeier eik at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 15 23:08:12 PDT 2004

Synopsis: ports textproc/libxml, textproc/libxslt: bogus dependencies on devel/pkgconfig

State-Changed-From-To: closed->open
State-Changed-By: eik
State-Changed-When: Wed Jun 16 07:58:57 CEST 2004
State-Changed-Why:
Insufficient explanation, problem still persists.

Alexander, please could you explain non-experts why
my examples are not correct?

AFAICS the ports just install a file into a directory,
no other operations involved (like for example for
.info files), so I can't follow your argument of
non-existence here. I any case, an build-dependency
should be sufficient. While I hope I made clear what the
ill effects for me are, you didn't state why you believe
that libxslt needs pkgconfig as a run-dependecy.

I understand that it may be hard to change things immediately,
but at least we can try if things are far from perfect.