Need feedback/review, a big change in AbiWord2 port.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jun 9 04:12:48 GMT 2004

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 03:09:15 +0000, Lee Harr <missive at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I have maken a big changes in AbiWord2 port, what I have done:
>

> You do not mention, but I am wondering if you have ever tried or
> had any success building the plugins for AbiWord?

Well, I kind of did mentioned about AbiWord plugins. It was in the bottom
of email that you have stripped out, which I said, 'After collect the
feedbacks and commit, I will try to take the look at create a new spereate
port for AbiWord plugins.'

Here's a full answer to your question. The truth is that I am not a
AbiWord user, so I haven't taken a look at AbiWord plugins yet. I will
poke it after I commit the big changes first and I will find out more if
the build fail or whatever.

> I have tried several times to build image loading plugins (.jpg
> and .bmp specifically) but when I do this, the plugins will not load,
> or else they crash the program.

Is it what you mean by this feature, 'Insert -> Picture -> From file' in
menu? If yes, then yes it does work fine with this new AbiWord changes. I
am able to add *.jpg and *.png images in AbiWord. Althought, I didn't test
with old AbiWord for insert images.

If no, well what's name of this plugins? Care to point me the directory?
:-)

Later, if you still have this problem with Insert feature then you can
report problem again to gnome at FreeBSD.org and we will take the look at
this.

> Any chance of enabling .jpg image loading by default in the port?

If it's different from the Insert feature above, then no I will not get
plugins load by default. It's up to the users if they want the plugins
then install AbiWord-plugins (future new port) and load it.

If it's Insert feature then yes, it is enable by default with this big
change. ;-)

> Thanks for your time.

FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org