gnomepanel problem after xorg update

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Sat Jul 24 10:53:20 PDT 2004

I'm seeing a weird error after upgrading from XFree86 to xorg.
Like some other posters, I had a problem with my gnomepanel
build dying, but solved it by doing forced recursive upgrades
on gnomepanel and libwnck.

Right now, everything compiles and installs properly, and my
pkgdb is in good shape. However, the panel itself is borked:
I do have the workspace switcher, but apps don't minimize into
the panel; they just go away (with the animated going-away-into-
the-corner thing), and apparently can't be retrieved. There's
certainly no place to click to bring them back. But they are
still running.

I did a forced upgrade of gnomepanel, but with no change. Has
anyone seen this, and/or know how to fix it? This is on FreeBSD
4.9, with fully up-to-date Gnome 2.6 ports.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower