gnome-settings-manager daemon quitting unexpectedly.

Joseph Peterson joseph.peterson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 05:56:50 PDT 2004

Hmm.. Hadn't thought of that, I figured I couldn't run gnome-session
or metacity because a windowmanager was already running, but I didn't
think of the other apps.

Okay, not much help.. gnome-terminal works fine (which I knew
already).. I tried running gnome-panel from a gnome-terminal window
and it does the same thing, comes up and says 'the application
"gnome-panel" has quit unexpectedly' and gives me the option to
restart, close and inform developers.  I've tried to inform
developers, but it tells me that bug-buddy needs to be updated, and
either way (update or no) bug-buddy then quits unexpectedly.
I see nothing in the gnome-terminal window, but when I go back to the
console where I started x from, I see the following:
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmenu.c: line 474 (gtk_menu_popup): assertion 'menu !=

Also, if I tell gnome-panel to restart, I get the following in my
gnome-terminal window, just before another requester pops up telling
me gnome-panel is already running (well, might be but its not showing
up anywhere)
(gnome-panel:2437): Gtk-WARNING **: Ignoring the separator setting

I get the same behavior with nautilus.

Thanks!

-joe