gnome-settings-manager daemon quitting unexpectedly.

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Jul 21 21:14:03 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 23:44, Joseph Peterson wrote:
> Is that portupgrade -fr or portupgrade -fR ?
> I have already done a portupgrade -fR gnome2
> I don't see a ~/.xsession-errors

If you don't start GNOME from GDM, then there will not be a
~/.xsession-errors.  In that case, just look on the console.  Running
portupgrade -Rf gnome2 will only get ports in the GNOME desktop.  While
this should be sufficient, you may miss ports that something like
portupgrade -rf pkgconfig or portupgrade -rf glib-2\* will catch.

That said, without anymore details, it is impossible to know exactly
what will fix your problems.

Joe