[amd64] System lockups still continuing

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Tue Jul 20 16:28:10 PDT 2004

On 20-Jul-2004 Kevin Oberman wrote:

[ re: lockup problem ]

> The problem is not specific to ULE or 4BSD. A fix was checked in last
> night, so cvsup and rebuild might just fix it. Early reports are that
> the patch resolves the problem, but the author is not sure that this
> is a complete fix.

Yes, I updated the kernel as soon as I saw the commit.  Had one lockup
since, while playing a DVD in mplayer.  This may or may not be related,
as I'm seeing the weirdness re: ata interrupt timeouts here still.

On the plus side, I've had no other lockups, and sound hasn't gone
buggo, either (pcm timeout, channel dead), like it was before (at least,
not yet).

So, I'd say the patch does seem to help, but not sure yet if it's a
100% solution.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"