ports/69093: [patch] devel/pkgconfig does not search for .pc files in libdir/pkgconfig

Konstantin Oznobihin bork at rsu.ru
Thu Jul 15 08:00:54 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR ports/69093; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Konstantin Oznobihin <bork at rsu.ru>
To: Adam Weinberger <adamw at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/69093: [patch] devel/pkgconfig does not search for .pc
	files in libdir/pkgconfig
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:51:34 +0400

 > >> (07.15.2004 @ 0749 PST): Konstantin Oznobihin said, in 3.2K: <<
 > > 	In pkg-config(1) it is said that the default directory to search
 > > 	for .pc files is libdir/pkgconfig (which I think is ${PREFIX}/lib/pkgconfig)
 > > 	and some ports (e.g. openssl, omniORB) install their .pc files
 > > 	in this directory, but pkg-config searches them in libdata/pkgconfig.
 > >
 > > >Fix:
 > > 	Dirty hack based on existing patches for pkgconfig. Added LLIBPKGLIBDIR
 > > 	to Makefile.in and scan_dir (LLIBPKGLIBDIR, (void *)1); to pkg.c
 > >> end of "ports/69093: [patch] devel/pkgconfig does not search for .pc files in libdir/pkgconfig" from Konstantin Oznobihin <<
 >
 > Is this really the Right Thing to do? I'd be more inclined to want to
 > see openssl and omniORB trained to install their .pc files in the
 > proper location.
 >
 > # Adam
 As I understand, $(prefix)/lib is the original path for pkgconfig, so
 they already install .pc files in the proper location. Besides I think
 it is better (and much more easier) to make changes in one place instead
 of searching and changing all ports that install .pc in lib/pkgconfig.

 --
 Konstantin Oznobihin <bork at rsu.ru>
 Systems programmer and administrator