gdm -- keyboard disabled

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Jul 12 16:32:47 PDT 2004

On 12-Jul-2004 Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:

> I'm still experiencing these total system lockups quite a bit (which
> I suspect are also Gnome-related, as they only seem to happen when
> Gnome is running)

Actually, I've come to believe that the lockups I've been experiencing
were due to a few of the kernel config options I've been using.  I
updated and built a new kernel with several options removed, and the
system seems to be much more stable now.

Still relatively new to the amd64 architecture here, so still in the
process of tuning things.  Looks like I'm headed in the right direction
now.

Hope I didn't offend anyone by suggesting the fault may have been with
GNOME.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"