Need help with MIME

Rob Mason masonr at bsdbox.homeunix.com
Mon Jul 12 15:14:25 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm really struggling to get the "associate application" function to
work within Gnome 2.6 under FreeBSD 4.10.  I have a clean install of the
base system.  I have cvsup'd and installed the gnome2 meta-port as
described in the FAQ.  Everything works fine aside from "associate
application" - it's driving me nuts!

I've installed xchm from ports and have trie3d to associate the 'chm'
file type with /usr/X11R6/bin/xchm.  I've filled in the "Add File Type"
dialog box with the appropriate values, but Gnome seems to ignore them?

I've also experinced problems with other applications (OpenOffice).  Am
i doing something wrong or is the MIME functionality broken in 2.6???

TIA