Deficiency in nautilus or metacity

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Tue Jul 6 11:15:13 PDT 2004

On 06-Jul-2004 Franz Klammer wrote:
> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>>
>> Specifically, what properties are missing in edit mode that are
>> there when creating a new launcher?  Both of my screens are
>> identical.
>
> same thing here - guessing Conrad mean the following:
> create a launcher on the desktop and then try to change the
> properties.

Right.  When creating a new launcher, you can set the Name, Generic
Name, Comment, Command line, Type, Icon, Run in terminal, as well as
the options under the Advanced tab.

Editing an existing launcher's properties, you're limited to only
setting the Name, the icon, emblems, permissions and notes.  If you
want to modify the command line, or change the option to use a terminal
or not, etc., no can do.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"