Problem with bonobo

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Jul 1 19:51:16 PDT 2004

I got these errors all at the same time when i start x.

1. There was an error starting the Gnome setting deamon
2. Some things such as themes, sounds, etc...may not work correctly
3. The Gnome Settings Server restarted too many times
4. Nautilus cant be used now due to an unexpected error from bonobo when
attempting to register the file manager view server.
5. There was a problem registering the panel with the bonobo activation
server.
6. Error code is 3
7. The panel will now exit.

I saw some notes on this but nothing that really helps.  I didn't upgrade...
this was a clean gnome2-lite installation.

Any ideas?  I have the core file, if needed.

jm