gnome 2.5: py23-gtk conflicts with py-gtk

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jan 29 18:51:43 PST 2004

Hi all, I ran marcusmerge and then gnome_upgrade but ran into a minor
error with py23-gtk that caused ports dependent on it to fail.  py23-gtk
wan unable to be updated because it conflicts with py-gtk.  The problem
is that py-gtk will happily install if py23-gtk is already present.  Is
it may be safe to assume that a user may have both ports installed on
their machine when they do an upgrade?  Is there something then that can
be done in the script to prevent this failure?  The same I think will
also be the case with py-gnome2 and py-gnome.  Thanks.

Tom