portupgrade -R fileroller-2.4.3,1 fails at gnomevfs2

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Tue Jan 27 17:01:45 PST 2004

> > Argh! It's about gnomevfs2, and not about fileroller. Sorry.
> >

> Err.., okay.., thought all along that this was clear ;-)

Yepp, my bad.

> What do I do about the fact though, that this PR appears to have been
> closed (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=62009)

In general, wait a bit, until the patch has made it to your CVSup
mirror, and re-CVSup, but in this case,
this fix is to add the word 'intlhack' to the USE_GNOME line in the
port's Makefile, so that it looks like this (one line)

USE_GNOME=  gnomeprefix gnomehack intlhack gnomehier gnomemimedata \
            gconf2 libbonobo

> by what I imagine is the maintainer?

Well, in this case, the gnome at FreeBSD.org mailing list is the maintainer
(as you can see from the port's Makefile). To put it simply, every member
of the FreeBSD Gnome team who has a port commit bit could have fixed the
port in CVS. There are others (like me), who are also subscribed to the
gnome@ mailing list, and who try to help out where they can (and who
sometimes cause some confusion ;-))

Cheers,
 Simon